Hi proa builders! Finally we have our first DIY set for PJOA FOLK.
48 pieces set consist 4mm Okume CNC plywood cuts for:
- sides, inner floors, bow and stern decks, splashboard for waka
- sides, bulkheads, central stringer for ama
Drawings, stencils and instructions:
- vaka, ama, platform, vaka bulkhead paper drawings in
- paper stencils
- suggested order of activities
- license to build one boat
- material specification
First set has just arrived to our customer and building process will start in following month 🙂
Prices and options:
Set is avalible in two types of plywood:
- 4mm Okume plywood for about 1100 EUR (without shipping)
- 4mm Pine plywood for about 950 EUR (without shipping)
We calculate each price individulally due to actuall material costs.
Pine or Okume plywood?
Generally both materials are very good and checked in this contruciotn. Okume is a bit lighter and has better water resistance, grains are less visible so it is perfect for opaque finishes.
Pine is cheaper, a bit heavier has strong visible grain so it is good for solid color finishes.